Friday 16th June
Dear friends, and visitors,
I just want to thank you for caring and visiting. I haven’t yet figured out how to let you respond to me, but I’m looking into that and will set it up so you can. Meanwhile, thanks for checking this blog for updates. And, if you can, leave a BRIEF message introducing yourself. I DO APPRECIATE YOUR VISITS.
Today I’m writing, working on Orphans First and preparing food for tonite’s visitors. I just sent out O.F. prayer requests and am pasting them below for anyone interested. Meanwhile, the street cat I’m ministering to outside (yes, even cats…) is meowing not for food (I fed her already) but for hugs, pats, love. How do I know that? Because since I’ve been loving on her & her baby, they now call until I caress them (much to the disgust of the older of my own two cats—the female of course). These cats want what most creatures want—LOVE.
That never ceases to amaze me – everyone needs love – even felines. And especially children. That is why I do what I do, by God’s grace. “It ain’t right”! I can’t stand that children suffer... I believe God has called His own to help them. And He’s ready to work through us—if we’ll let Him.
Well, must go for today since it’s already lunch time and still tons to do. Prayer requests below if you want them. Hope to talk to you again soooooooooooooon. Thank you.
Orphans First Prayer Requests, June 16, 2006
Dear Prayer Friends,
Thank you for praying for my travels. They were fruitful and I've come home with several writing assignments that could make a difference for the suffering children. I again met many people who've adopted—some four children—and others praying about adoption. OUR PRAYERS ARE BEING ANSWERED.
One thing I learned at both conferences: I need to blog. So, please visit my new blog – http://janey-demeo.blogspot.com/ – and enjoy the music video which so expresses OF’s heart.
Now let’s praise God and pray for the following:
* India -- continued blessings on Grace Home.
Pray for all of India and the many poor children, abused, homeless children, AIDS victims…
* Thailand -- Mink, the 9-yr-old dear girl in Bangkok we are funding to go to deaf school. She is doing well and will hopefully begin school any day now. Pray for the many street children, and sexual child victims in Thailand and surrounding countries.
* poor and suffering children throughout Africa, and for our contacts in Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, & Gabon (P. Jean-Sylvestre is presently visiting us here in America from Libreville).
* street children, AIDS children, and orphans throughout this desperate continent.
* Russia, Moscow -- the street children Alexandra ministers to, supported by O.F. Pray for a home for them in the future, and for them all to really walk with Christ.
* Russia, St.Pete -- the children still awaiting a forever family.
* France -- troubled youths in France, and hurting little ones. (We are no longer there geographically, but our hearts are with the people).
* Adoptions -- for Christians adopting -- that God would open wide the doors, and that He'd call more to adopt.
* Foster parents and children.
…a mother who has been trying to adopt two children who have been abused and bounced from one foster home to another. Recently they were put back in the orphanage due to violations in the foster home they were in but the mother wanting to adopt them is being refused because she doesn’t “OWN her own home” (neither do we so I guess we couldn’t adopt either). . However, she is a loving, older Christian woman and could provide them with the healing love of God they so desperately need.
* Pray also 21 year old Zandinal who has suffered abuse in her home country in African and who is now with a family in America. Pray for her 6 year old daughter who is still in Africa and may be in danger of abuse.
Thank you for continuing to pray for the little ones.
In Christ who IS compassion,
Janey L. DeMeo
Founder/director of Orphans First; author & freelance writer
Website: www.orphansfirst.org / E-mail: Janey@orphansfirst.org