Thursday, December 04, 2008

Facing the Giants

Facing the Giants – The Power o Belief, the Strength to Win.


I’m usually one of the last to see the latest films – even when friends recommend them. For one, I rarely go to the cinema. Too expensive! Too loud! And often too cold! (Yeah, I’m a wimp.) So, I see movies at home when the DVDs come out. But here’s one I’d go to see at the cinema any time. This has to be one of my favoritist films ever: Facing the Giants.

Wow, what a treat! And what a dynamic story!

Based on a true story, Facing the Giants exudes authenticity. I’ve lived many miracles in my life, especially during our 22 years on the mission-field in France. The kinds of things that take place in Facing the Giants ring true to me. They are so like our God, the great provider and the rewarder of all who diligently seek Him (Heb.11:6).

Facing the Giants unfolds the story of Grant Taylor, and his wife caught up in many hardships. They face conspiracy, poverty and discouragement on every level. Just when things are bad, they get worse. Grant Taylor, the coach for the local high school football team, the Shiloh Eagles, finds his faith tested to a tee. And amidst the difficulties he faces, Taylor chooses not to give up. Instead, he becomes a spiritual mentor to a bunch of boys struggling to find their way in life.

Facing the Giants is a story of faith, trials, building character, integrity, godliness, family, honor – and lots of other wonderful qualities that make for a really fabulous movie. Don’t miss this one. You won’t regret it. www.FacingTheGiants.com.

Never give up. Never back down. Never lose faith.

Janey DeMeo M.A.
Copyright © December 2008
www.JaneyDeMeo.com / www.orphansfirst.org

No comments: